Wednesday, April 9, 2014

London Time

Last year for my birthday, I bought myself a purse. This year, I thought a vacation was due. I'd never been to London and given that my sister is about to marry at Brit, I knew I needed to rectify that.

I left Italy and jumped on a plane and invited the boyfriend along. He met me at Heathrow and together we explored London.





Our first day was tame compared to the rest of the trip, but it was still pretty magical.

We walked the streets.



Checked out the river. 



Walked over London Bridge.


Saw the building that I'm obsessed with. 


(The Gherkin)

Smiled a lot. 



Found a cute cafe for lunch.




Together we decompressed, examined our options, and chatted over coffee.




Then we ate some burgers which were amazingly good.



I was tired and hungry so I forgot to take a picture before we started eating. I blame it on the early flight!

After lunch we checked into the lovely apartment where we were going to stay. It was a tiny studio but in a wonderful neighborhood. (Thanks Airbnb!)



Then we set out for The Shard.



If I learned anything about myself this past month, it's that I sort of love anything with a view.

These views didn't require climbing a bunch of narrow stairs, and despite the foggy weather, they were amazing.















We stayed as it got dark and got a few pictures as the city lights started to come on.





It was pretty dark by the time we left and The Shard was lit up. 




We grabbed a quick dinner on the way back to our apartment and fell into bed. All in all, it was a good way to start the trip.

1 comments:

Stacee said...

I'm so happy you loved it. London is one of my favorite places in the world. Thank you for sharing!!

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger